03, August 2021
What is new?
- New Java checks:
We have added 3 new Java checks. Get more insights into Embold’s rich Java checks here.
- Avoid Catching NPE
- Avoid FilecreateTempFile
- Avoid Non Case Labels In Switch Statement
- New Language – HTML support added. Integrated a 3rd party linter 27 HTMLHint in Embold. Read more here.
- Added 15 REACT and 47 ANGULAR framework checks for TypeScript (TS) language. Integrated a 3rd party linter codelyzer.
- New CPP checks:
We have added 2 new CPP checks. Read here more.
- shallow copy constructor
- shallow copy assignment
- We have added a few more Embold CWE checks for C/CPP language. Read here more.
|CWE-590: Free of Memory not on the Heap|
|CWE-664: Improper Control of a Resource Through its Lifetime|
|CWE-788: Access of Memory Location After End of Buffer|
|CWE-786: Access of Memory Location Before Start of Buffer|
|CWE-687: Function Call With Incorrectly Specified Argument Value|
|CWE-688: Function Call With Incorrect Variable or Reference as Argument|
|CWE-686: Function Call With Incorrect Argument Type|
|CWE-665: Improper Initialization|
|CWE-391: Unchecked Error Condition|
|CWE-703: Improper Check or Handling of Exceptional Conditions|
|CWE-119: Improper Restriction of Operations within the Bounds of a Memory Buffer|
|CWE-685: Function Call With Incorrect Number of Arguments|
|CWE-672: Operation on a Resource after Expiration or Release|
|CWE-771: Missing Reference to Active Allocated Resource|
|CWE-775: Missing Release of File Descriptor or Handle after Effective Lifetime|
|CWE-190: Integer Overflow or Wraparound|
|CWE-595: Comparison of Object References Instead of Object Contents|
|CWE-467: Use of sizeof() on a Pointer Type|
|CWE-682: Incorrect Calculation|
|CWE-587: Assignment of a Fixed Address to a Pointer|
|CWE-131: Incorrect Calculation of Buffer Size|
|CWE-362: Concurrent Execution using Shared Resource with Improper Synchronization (‘Race Condition’)|
|CWE-195: Signed to Unsigned Conversion Error|
|CWE-128: Wrap-around Error|
|CWE-597: Use of Wrong Operator in String Comparison|
|CWE-834: Excessive Iteration|
|CWE-768: Incorrect Short Circuit Evaluation|
|CWE-392: Missing Report of Error Condition|
|CWE-415: Double Free|
- Introducing 2 Embold badges:
- Overall Rating
- Quality Gate
Learn more here.
- Upgraded .NET support to 5.0 for Windows and Ubuntu.
- Bug Fixes
- Available via windows installers, docker, and cloud.
- All versions from 188.8.131.52 can be upgraded to 184.108.40.206