Projects and Repositories
Embold organises repositories into projects. One repository can be linked to multiple projects at the same time.
Embold accepts following repository standards:
- Apache Subversion (SVN)
Create a project
Steps to create a project on Embold :
Navigate to the Projects page.
- Click Create A New Project button or New Project tile.
- Fill the project name and description in Create New Project pop-up and click Create Project button.
- Your new project will be now listed under projects. You may continue to link repositories to your new project.
Version control account
A version control account enables you to integrate your GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab or Azure DevOps (merge requests) accounts for seamless access. For successful integration, Embold needs repository access in GitHub or account, projects, and repositories read access in Bitbucket or read repository and API access in GitLab.
Steps to create a version control account:
- Navigate to Admin section on left-side navigation pane and click the Version Control tab under Administration.
- Click New Version Control Account pop-up window, select your desired account type. There will be 4 account types: GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab and Azure DevOps.
- Mention your Host Type. There will be 2 host types: Cloud and On-premise.
- If the host type is selected as ‘Cloud’, the URL will be auto-populated. If the host type is selected as ‘On-premise’, you will need to enter the URL manually.
- Enter your desired Account Name.
- Mention Personal access token. See how to create a GitHub access token. or an app password for Bitbucket or a GitLab access token or an Azure DevOps access token.
- Click on the “Add” button. Your new version control account will be added to the list of version control accounts.
In the future, you may directly link a repository from your selected account type to a project in Embold easily as described in this article.
Download Repository Report
Steps to run
- Go to Projects > Repositories. When user clicks on the respective repository, the Repository dashboard will be displayed.
- Click on the “Download Repository Report” icon.
- “Download Reports” pop-up window will be displayed to the user.
|Report||Type of issues||Format||Description||Example|
|Download Repository Report||--||This reports contains overall statistics of the repository.|
|MISRA Reports||code issues||PDF|
|Compliance Report: This report contains statistics, details of scan summary, issue name, graphical representation of violations and so on that are tagged against MISRA.|
MISRA Report: This report contains the information about the issue details that are tagged against MISRA.
|MISRA CPP:2008 compliance report
MISRA CPP:2008 report
|Code and Design Reports||code issues, design issues||CSV||This report contains the information about the issue details.||anti-pattern report|