- You should have SSH keys (Public key need to be added to GitHub or Bitbucket account)generated on the server where you have installed BrowserStack Code Quality
- The resulting public key should be added to the remote Git repository (GitHub or Bitbucket)
- Reference for Linux SSH: Documentation on generating SSH key
- Reference for Windows SSH: Documentation on generating SSH key
Steps to link a repository using Git SSH:
- Open Link Repositories popup.
- Select Git as a repository type.
- Provide repository Git URL in URL field in correct format (eg: firstname.lastname@example.org:apache/maven.git)
- Check Enable SSH option.
- Provide RSA private key generated on the BrowserStack Code Quality server in SSH Key field. Make sure to copy the entire text!
- Provide passphrase if any.
- Type in a repository name of your choice in the Repository Name field.
- Select the language for which you would like to scan.
- Click Link Repository button to complete the linking.
Pull request workflow is not supported for SSH.
BrowserStack Code Quality supports RSA PRIVATE KEY for linking SSH based repository.