Below are the steps to install BrowserStack Code Quality on Windows:
- Download the installer file from your BrowserStack Code Quality Customer Portal > Releases tab > Installers. There will be file with name similar to the following: BrowserStackCodeQuality_windows_188.8.131.52.zip.
- Right-click the zip folder, click Properties > General tab.
- In the ‘Security‘ section, if the Security button is blocked, unblock it and then proceed with the unzipping of the file.
Note:- If the security button is not blocked, you can directly proceed with the unzipping of the file.
- Unzip the BrowserStackCodeQuality_windows_184.108.40.206.zip file.
- Go to setup folder.
- Open command prompt in admin mode, change the directory (folder) using cd to the path (gammaWindowsInstallersetup) where setup.bat file is located and run the command:
- This will install the pre-requisites for the gamma including required frameworks, tools, etc.
The script will set all the required environment variables.
- On successful installation, BrowserStack Code Quality login page will be available at localhost:3000.
- Activate BrowserStack Code Quality.
Enable C# Security Checks
- To enable Microsoft Security CodeScan tool for C#, install the following SDKs in order:
- Restart all 3 Gamma related services from services.msc