Below are the steps to install Embold on Ubuntu.
- Download installer file from your Embold Account’s section > Releases tab > Installers. There will be one file with names similar to the following: ‘embold_ubuntu_184.108.40.206.run’.
- Make sure that installer file ‘embold_ubuntu_220.127.116.11.run’ has execution permission. To check the permissions of installer file, run the following command in terminal.
If the file does not have the execution permission, use the following command to grant the permission.
sudo chmod 755 embold_ubuntu_18.104.22.168.run
- Run installer using the command:
This will start the installation process.
- Accept the License Agreement to proceed. You can use tab and return/enter keys for navigation in any such prompt.
- For a fresh Embold installation, choose the option: “Install Embold and prerequisites“.
- Choose the Embold installation location.
- If you have multiple versions of Java installed on your computer/server, you can set JRE_HOME at the specified path.
- On the successful installation, a pop-up screen will be displayed. Embold will be accessible from the IP address mentioned in a pop-up.
- Activate Embold.