Following are the prerequisites for installing Code Quality on Windows:
- .NET Framework 4.5 (required for running Code Quality windows installer)
- PowerShell version 5.1
- Google chrome browser
For more information, refer specifications section.
Below are the pre-installation check steps:
.NET Version check:
- Open PowerShell in admin mode and run below command:
(Get-ItemProperty "HKLM:SOFTWAREMicrosoftNET Framework SetupNDPv4Full").Release -ge 378389
- If the above command is “True”, then the default framework is installed.
- If the above command is “False”, then install .NET Framework 4.5 or a newer version.
PowerShell version check:
- Open PowerShell in admin mode and run below command to check the current version:
- If the version is not 5.1, install Windows Management Framework “Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.msu” placed under “..preInstallationsRequiredpowershell5.1 Win7AndW2K8R2-KB3191566-x64.zip”.
- Ensure that PowerShell terminal is closed before installing.
Set PowerShell execution policy:
- After confirming PowerShell version to be 5.1, open PowerShell terminal as administrator and enter the command “Set-ExecutionPolicy RemoteSigned” and choose Yes in the flow.
Dependencies for C# language support:
If the user wants C# language support for Code Quality, ensure to have:
- .NET Core 5.0
- In addition to the pre-requisites, you can install more pre-requisites based on your repository settings.