This section helps to understand how you can overwrite your scan configuration using a checked in file.
Default Configuration Settings
You can download default configuration settings from:
- Go to Projects
- Click on project where the repository belongs
- Click on the 3 dots at the top of the repository
- Click on Download repository configuration
Update configuration settings using embold.json
To update the configuration settings,
- You can use the downloaded repository configuration file (as shown in the previous section) as a template.
- Make your desired changes and save the file as embold.json.
- Commit this embold.json file to the base/root directory before scanning.
Update scan configurations from UI
- Go to “Scan configurations” from the repository settings and select “Overwrite default scan configuration” checkbox. By default, this checkbox is unticked.
- But, if the user modifies any parameter in UI such as excludes or Additional Options or anything from code checkers, tick the checkbox “Overwrite default scan configuration“.
- The original parameters will be overridden.