Inviting new users
- Navigate to users tab in administration section.
- Click on the Invite New User button.
- Fill the user details and click Invite button.
- User will get an invitation to join Embold and will get added to the list of users.
Suspending a users
Steps for suspending a user:
1. Navigate to the Users tab in the administration section.
2. Choose the user to be suspended.
3. Click the Suspend button. The user status will be changed to Suspended.
Note: A suspended user will retain all of their settings and information while removing their access. Suspended users do not count towards your licensed seats.
4. The administrator can reactivate the suspended user by clicking on the Activate button.
Users on Embold can have two types of roles. Administrative roles and project level roles.
Administrative roles have a system wide scope. It is not necessary for a user to have an administrative role. There will be no administrative role assigned by default. Below table lists three available administrative roles you can assign to a user.
|Roles||Account Admin||User Admin||Project Admin|
|Manage admin roles of other users||✔︎|
|Manage users (add, suspend, delete)||✔︎||✔︎|
|Manage projects and repositories||✔︎||✔︎|
To change administrative roles of a user:
1. From users tab under administration, choose desired user.
2. Check desired administrative role under ‘Administrative Roles‘.
Project Level Roles
Unless a project level role is assigned to a user for a given project, he/she will not be able to access that project and repositories inside it. Three project level roles available are listed in below table.
|Invite users to projects||✔︎|
|Manage repository settings||✔︎|
To change project level roles of a user :
- From users tab under administration, choose desired user.
- Click Add Project Role button under Project Level Roles.
- Choose desired project to grant access to. You may search for a project as well. Click Add button
- Modified project level role from the listing under Project Level Roles if necessary. Default role assigned will be ‘Explorer’.
Managing Administrative Roles centrally
If you want to change administrative roles of multiple users together, it can be done from Administrative Roles tab under administration.
1. Go to Admin>Administrative Roles.
2. Click +Users button on the desired section to select the users.
3. In the select users pop up, select desired user and click Add button. You may search for users as well
4. Selected users will get added to desired administrative role. Hovering on a user will reveal X button to remove a user from an administrative role.
Types of Administrative Roles
Following are the three types of administrative roles available:
1. Account administrator
The account administrator has full authorization to projects, repositories, quality profiles, license, etc. in Embold.
2. User administrator
The user administrator is authorized to add, delete or suspend a user from Embold. The user administrator can also view the other users in Embold.
3. Project administrator
The project administrator can add/edit/view/delete projects or repositories on Embold. The project administrator is also authorized to view project-level roles and assign the project to users.