- Embold AutoDoc generator is an AI-based comment generator tool that currently supports Java only for the IntelliJ plugin.
- The support for more languages is coming soon.
- Embold generates Java docs that help to produce a set of documentation comments for a method. This implementation delivers you faster and accurate results.
License Agreement for Embold service
The user needs to accept the terms of service by clicking on the “Accept” button.
- This will allow user to utilize Embold features by making an agreement.
- Once, license agreement is made, a pop-up window is displayed to the user. This AutoDoc premium feature is available for free use for a limited period.
How to generate the Embold AutoDoc?
- You need to install the latest Embold IntelliJ plugin from the marketplace.
AutoDoc can be generated using 3 ways:
A. Follow the below steps:
- Right-click on the method name
- Click on ‘generate…’ (Alt+Insert)
- Click on ‘Embold AutoDocs’
4. All set now! Embold will generate Java docs for you.
- Note: Embold will replace old Java docs with the new ones if already present.
B. You can also select the method name and use the shortcut key as ‘Alt + Shift + D’ to generate Java docs using Embold.
C. When user hovers on method name, a bulb icon is displayed. User can select “Generate comments using Embold AutoDoc”.
The comments get generated as shown in the below output: